Posts Tagged ‘fix Windows 7’
Are you having a hard time with your Windows 7? Seeking a repair installation to work out a Windows 7 problem? First of all, try out the System Restore or any other easier alternative to fix the installed Windows 7. A clean reinstall is not a good idea at all. Moreover, you would like to maintain your user accounts, data, programs and system drivers. The best way is to do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7.
Effective steps to do a Repair install for Windows 7
1. Start your Windows 7 and get into to the administrator account
2. Disable the antivirus, firewall or any similar security program installed on your computer. These programs may obstruct the smooth installation of repair upgrade of Windows 7.
3. Load the Windows 7 installation DVD into your computer’s DVD drive. Now click on the Run Setup.exe option available in the Autoplay window inside the currently installed Windows 7.
4. Further, click on the Install Now button to start the installation
5. Make sure to uncheck the “I want to help make Windows installation better” check box. After that, click on the Go online to get the latest updates within installation option.
6. An online search will be made to install all the installation updates available on hand.
7. Check the “I accept the license” check box and then click on Next.
8. Click on the Upgrade option, this will initiate the installation of Windows 7.
9. When your computer restarts finally, a blank screen will appear, then type in your Windows 7 product key number
10. Just uncheck the Automatically activate Windows when I’m online check box at the bottom and then click on the Next button.
11. Further, click on the Use recommended settings and select your Time Zone. Set the time and date settings and click on the Next button.
12. Click on the computer’s location option to select the accurate network location typesetting which should be applied for the location.
13. Now your desktop is prepared to startup. Refresh the Windows Experience Index (WEI) score.
14. Now your repair work is done. Start the Windows 7 and experience the difference.
A computer hang is among one of the annoying situation one comes through in his computing experience. A lot of users have shown concern towards their Windows 7 operating system hangs. The article details the reasons behind why Windows 7 hangs and How to fix it to speed-up your Windows 7 computing experience .
It has been seen that the latest operating system hangs on the welcome screen right after login or while shutting down. Some of the time even user experienced their mouse and keyboards stopped responding to their action. If any of us finds himself in such a situation, then it is really quite frustrating especially if you are working towards some crucial stuff to meet your deadlines. The reason behind this frequent hangs might be many… below we are going to discuss some of them among all.
Viruses and Spyware: Malicious files are the common reasons of a slow computer and may be hiding in your system with your permission and being you aware of its presence. These spyware and malware viruses corrupt your files and hinder your computer’s performance causing Windows 7 to eventually hang.
To get rid of these (how to remove spyware from computer) keep your virus definitions updated with latest one available by the provider. Make sure to also download the latest security patches and updates. Always run a scan on your computer to detect these viruses and spyware then delete them.
Too many programs running at once: While working on your computer try to make sure that only the necessary programs are running and the unnecessary applications might consumes more virtual RAM (Random Access Memory) than your system can handle. Don’t open a lot of applications simultaneously. Limit the number of software and websites currently running to those that are importantly only. If you are a heavy multi-tasking professional, then backup yourself with good hardware specification; upgrade your RAM to at least double what you are using now.
Corrupt Windows Registry. The registry is the source of information and settings Windows 7 references during operation. The registry database eventually becomes stuffed and cluttered with uneven entries because of redundant and obsolete entries leaving it corrupted. It is advised then to clean your Windows registry to delete those unwanted entries.
Cleaning or getting along with the registry details in is a tough job as any misleading information can get your Windows 7 Operating System Corrupted or malfunction on any uneven manner. There are freeware software’s available that can do the task for you; CCleaner is one such software that works great. Diagnosing your system with a registry cleaner is the best solution to solve registry problems. It is specialized software that thoroughly scans your Windows registry, repairs any errors it sees, and deletes all those invalid entries. By having a clean registry, you will notice a great improvement in your computer speed and performance. It will also completely fix Windows 7 hangs.