Archive for the ‘Windows 7’ Category
According to a recent article released on Zdnet, a security company i.e Secunia has reported a high critical vulnerability in Windows 7 that can force the operating system into a blue screen of death (BSOD) situation under a reported circumstances.
As per the records the error is causing due to Win2K.sys a Windows system file which can be compromised and used to exploit the memory of the computer and go on corrupting it.
Although the problem has been addressed with only machines running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and the mean to trigger the vulnerability is when a website designed in an inline frame element and an overly large height attribute.
Install Anti-Virus Program in the system by using Licensed CDs or by internet. To install software from the Licensed CDs, install the program as per the instructions given by the company. To Install Program through internet, type “Download of AVG anti-virus or which you required” and install the program reading on-line instructions step-by-step.
Note :- It is recommended to install not more than one anti-virus software in the system since more than one software can slow your computer. On-line update your anti-virus everyday for its proper functioning.
Common Steps to Heal Virus using a particular anti-virus software
1. Go to Scan Tab of the anti-virus software by selecting the desired drives to be scanned.
2. After completion of scan, the anti-virus asks you to move the viruses to the vault or not. You must have to click on ‘Yes’.
3. The virus will be healed in this way.
Note:- To increase the speed of the system, delete all temporary files time to time.
Internet, a superb platform for all kinds of information, also surfaces malicious viruses waiting to impede your online experience and cause turmoil with your PC. These viruses can either be extremely destructive programs or can simply be a mild nuisance, but nevertheless, they are always unwanted.
The most important advice for an individual who believes that he has a system with a malware on it is, “Don’t panic”. Besides, don’t assume that you have to wipe your computer clean and start from starch for all online virus removal. Generally, you can remove online virus without having to erase everything from your system. However, you may lose some data in the process, but probably will not lose everything.
Steps for Online Virus Removal:
First of all, you need to determine if your computer has a virus at all. If yes, then search the name of the threat on the
– If there is any virus removal tool available, download and run it to remove the threat. When the virus is removed, install some AntiVirus and restart your computer.
– If you are not provided with any removal tool and if the write-up does not indicate that the threat will interfere with the installation of AntiVirus, then install Antivirus. Afterwards, restart your computer.
– If there is no online virus removal tool available and the write-up indicates that the security risk can interfere with the installation process of the AntiVirus, then follow the manual instructions in the write-up to remove the threat. When this risk is removed, install the AntiVirus and restart the computer.
– Once an AntiVirus is installed, run a complete system scan.
In the end, it is always advised to repair or delete the threat as indicted by the online virus removal instructions in the Symantec Security Virus Encyclopedia threat write-up.
With Windows 7 there are different level of acess rights that can be provided and controlled to various user’s and the acess to the files, folders and programs on the personal computer is limited by it. If you want to create a User Account for any of your family members or kid’s with certain level of acess rights, here is a step by step process to step up a new user account in Windows 7 istalled computer
Step one : Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
<> Provide a name for the account where it is written New account name in a light text
Step five : Choose a User Type :: You would be provided with a radio check button to select between Standard user and Administrator.
- Standard User’s have a acess right only for there personal user account (folders like picture, video, music , documents, downloads stored in their login).
- Administrator : Administrators have complete acess to the computer.
Step Six : While user account’s don’t need a password, Microsoft recommends you set one. If you want you can provide the user account with a password, to do this visit the step by step process on How to Set-up User Account Password in Windows 7.
After the debacle of Windows Vista on different performance issues, Microsoft was under a deep pressure and stress to get into the league of repeating the success that it made with Windows XP.
Windows 7 was engineered to answer all shots of questions that Windows Vista raised during its time period. The factor on which Windows 7 in cashes the market as compared to its predecessors is Speed. Special attention was paid by Microsoft team for making Windows 7 faster than the previous operating systems (Windows Xp, Windows Vista).
Although Windows 7 is much faster than Vista but still a lot of users tend to find the OS not convincing enough to accept that fact, there are different reasons that come into play if you are experiencing a slow windows 7 performance. A lot of users have upgraded Windows 7 on their Old PC’s. Installing Windows 7 on a old pc can not give you that soothing and satisfactory experience as compare to having Windows XP on them in past. The possible reasons for that is the enhanced hardware requirements that Windows 7 demands.
If you are having a slow windows 7 there a some tweaks with the help of which we can optimize Windows 7 to the maximum possible extent. So, for all those who are looking forward to tweak their Windowss 7 here is a top 5 steps that we are going to discuss.. we will be discussing some more down the line…
So lets start The Ultimate Guide to Make Windows 7 Faster
Step 1 : Disable the Search Indexing Feature of Windows 7
The Search Indexing service in Windows 7 index’s to keeps track of the files so that they can be found quickly when asked at some other time. This feature is useful only if you perform frequent searches on your system. Most of the Windows 7 users do less searches in there system.
For occasional file searchers the Search Indexing service in Windows 7 is a total resource hog. It unknowingly eats up your system resources. What you need from windows 7 is maximum performance from it then i would certainly recommend you to disable this resource hogging Windows 7 Search Indexing Feature.
- Right Click the “Computer” Icon in the desktop and select “Manage”.
- Click “Services and Applications” in the “Computer Management” window.
- Click on “Services”.
- You can see a lot of services listed there. Look for “Windows Search” in that.
- Right Click on “Windows Search” from the list and choose “Properties”.
- The “Windows Search Properties Window” will open up. From “Startup type” click on the drop down menu and choose “Disabled”.
- Click “Apply” then “OK” and that’s it. The Windows 7 Search Indexing Feature is now disabled.
Step 2 : Disable the Aero Theme to make Windows 7 faster
The aero user interface certainly adds some ” Eyecandy ” to Windows 7 but certainly is a resource hog especially when, what you expect from windows 7 is more performance juice. Aero user interface squeezes your graphics or video card to its maximum. Disabling the aero theme alone in Windows 7 will really speed things up.
- Right Click on your Desktop and select ” Personalize ” click the Window Color Tab.
- Uncheck the Box saying ” Enable Transparency ” and then click on ” Open classic appearance properties for more color options”.
- Then a window will open up. Apply a Standard or Basic theme from it. The Standard Windows 7 theme is more preferred.
Step 3: Disabling the Unwanted Visual Effects to make Windows 7 faster
There are many unwanted visual effects that can be safely disabled to speed up windows 7
- For this right click on ” Computer” and select “Properties” from the right click menu.
- Click on ” Advanced System Settings ” from the left pane to open up the ” System Properties ” window.
- Select the “Advanced” tab from it. Then Under ” Performance ” click ” Settings “. Choose ” Custom: ” Options From it.
- Now un tick all the options and select only the last four options (actually three only needed; you can un tick the second option from the last four). See the screen shot if you have any doubt.
- Now just logoff your system and turn logon.
Step 4: Disabling the Unwanted Services to make Windows 7 faster
There are many services in windows 7 that we dont require for our daily use. There are some exceptional cases though. Services such as “print spooler” is only needed when we use a printer. If we use a printer only occasionally we can safely turn off that service in Windows 7 and turn it on only when we need to take a print.
Step 5 : Disable the User account control (UAC) Feature in Windows 7
The User account control (UAC) feature in Windows 7 is very annoying though it says it can protect your computer from harmful virus activity etc. But if you are a daily user of your computer this windows 7 feature will be a total nuisance to you.
- From the Control Panel open the ” User Accounts and Family Safety ” > User Account.
- Click the User Account Control settings link.
- Now just Drag the Slider towards “Never Notify”.
- Click “OK” and Reboot your system.
Microsoft unveiled Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) release candidate (RC) on 10th February, 2011 before its much-awaited final release. The IE9 RC builds upon the company’s strategy towards creating a different and beautiful next-generation web experience for its users, and is available for download from Beauty of the Web. Unveiled after months of rigorous testing as well as users’ feedback, the IE9 RC embeds a range of new features such as closing a tab without making it active, Tracking Protection Lists, hi5, and support for HTML5 features & Web standards among others. The launch is expected to make Microsoft stand in closer competition with Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera etc. The browser has surprisingly been improved and some of its features are discussed below:
Tracking Protection Lists – Similar to ‘Do Not Disturb’ service, this feature allows users to control their information being shared on the web. So, it means you can identify and create a list of the sites including advertisements, cookies, trackers, and web beacons etc. and block them from viewing your information. So, no more spying, no more troubles, only peace of mind for you.
User-friendly Interface – It is markedly different and appealing with shortened borders, conciliated tab edges, and integrated search and address boxes that provide easy and refined search options and more space for placing 2 things alongside. The browser shows some low priority messages that disappear automatically afterwards. The browser also integrates improved Download Manager and Pinned Site among other innovative features. Pinned Site feature is designed to give users handy and instant access to reviews, news, App Guide, Business Center, and How To segments. Download Manager embeds a pause and resume feature and allows users to view and keep a track of the download speeds.
Interoperability – It has been facilitated via embedding enhanced support for HTML5 features as well as Web standards. Such feature allows web developers to locate a user’s Geo-location and provide enhanced service experience. The inclusion of additional rounded-corner CSS3 standards, DOM level-3 core, DOM level-3 events, SVG 1.1 2nd version, and DOM level-2 style etc. makes it a great solution for web developers and others
Security & Privacy – The IE9 RC features ActiveX Filter that blocks all ActiveX controls and ensure enhanced web security to its users. Users can turn on and off ActiveX Filter as per their need. The IE9 RC also includes SmartScreen Filter that integrates with Download Manager and shows highly severe messages to users while downloading infected files or attachments.
V tech-squad has a special shell for troubleshooting all your Microsoft Product Problems including Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP, Microsoft Office 2010/2007/2003, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9/8/7/6 Issues. If you are facing problem with your Microsoft Product Setup and Configuration, You can reach V tech-squad online technical support at their Toll Free No +1-877-452-9201 For US/CA.
V tech-squad Inc. ( www.vtechsquad.com ) is a leading provider of online computer support, virus removal, home networking support, phone support, and iPad support. V tech-squad has a team of certified technicians who cumulatively have more than 100 years of experience in desktop support. V tech-squad is currently solving hundreds of customer issues a day with best resolution rates in the industry. V tech-squad management is formed by IIT alumni who are ex-employees of Microsoft and IBM. Founded in 2010 V tech-squad is serving customers around the world including United States, Canada and India.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kumar_Gandharva_Jha
Reliable and long-lasting printers, such as HP printers or Brother printers, work fine even if they are almost a decade old. This is the reason why numerous people still purchase used HP printers and you will surely get best HP Support. But the trouble with old printers is that it’s usually tough to find drivers for your old printer. So, how can you use an old printer on your PC, or how can you use one in an old operating system? Following are some cool tips and suggestions on how to find drivers and software for your aged printer.
– Look for the printer’s original installation disk. Installation disks contain the original printer drivers for your printer. All the important drivers and software are in that disk.
– Check the manufacturer’s website. HP printer drivers can be found and downloaded from the official HP website.
– Look through shareware and freeware websites for old printer drivers or drivers for old operating systems.
– Visit any online computer store. Check online stores that sell the same brand of printer as yours, like HP printers or Epson printers. They should have dissimilar versions of drivers for different operating systems.
– Ask your friends and relatives if they have old drivers or software for your printer. Check if any of your friends or relatives is using the same printer as you.
– If you are using a Mac machine, check the official Apple website. Mac users are fortunate; the official Apple website offers different versions of printer drivers and software.